Twin Turbo anyone??

Post pics of your Infiniti M30s or Nissan Leopards. ALL Z31 and R31 owners, please post your cars at the section below.
ttM30
F31Club Grasshopper

Twin Turbo anyone??

Post by ttM30 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:02 pm

i just bought an M30 for 100Bucks about 2 months ago. the bodys in nice shape but the engine and brakes need some help. as im drivin the, car it just keeps loosing more and more power and sounds like its running few a cylinders down. so a little more looking reveals a blown head gasket. dam 100 bucks tho go figure. as im lookin around for parts i start looking at what engine is in it. the VG30E hmm only a single over head cam engine. next i came across the bigger brother the VG30DE hes got dual over head cams. a little more research shows me the all might VG30DETT wow twin turbos. n e way where this is going is i bought a VG30DETT with 5spd and ecu/harness. will arive in two days now. and im wondering if anyone has done this swap before? if so what are the mounting modifications i will need beacause soon enough i will be making them and if someone has already been down this road before id sure like some sound advice. well hope someone writes cus i got a lot o work to do and id rather not have to make mistakes if someone else has already made them..
its always better a few miles faster
f31roger
Wandering Leopard

Post by f31roger » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:14 pm

chek out the turbo conversion in the tech section... only motor that has been swapped with little modifications is the vg30et, has some pix there.

the issue with the single turbo is the steering rack... now I can only imagine with a twin turbo.

But there is a guy in japan (we only have some pix) that has done the vg30dett in an m30.

these cars were ignored and with the last few years, it has been getting some recognition.

also Naoki or driftday on here did the sr20det swap.. he had to do some customization.

again, post up some pix of your car too.
Fallen001
F31Club Grasshopper

Post by Fallen001 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:38 am

I swear to god that if you swing this; i want you to do mine up...I'll drag my car out there for you........

you'll be the resident expert....
The M30; a moneypit driven by desire..
f31roger
Wandering Leopard

Re: Twin Turbo anyone??

Post by f31roger » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:35 pm