Me and my life with the M30 (Norway).

Post pics of your Infiniti M30s or Nissan Leopards. ALL Z31 and R31 owners, please post your cars at the section below.
Johnny
F31Club Noob

Me and my life with the M30 (Norway).

Post by Johnny » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi all you guys. Just picked up my M30 2 hour ago :)

There is just 2 of these here in Norway so i recon that I will be the only member from here. I`ll study these forums hard for info and I know that I will ask a lot of questions.

The M30 is going to be used every day (don`t know the term to use, casual car?) and hopefully I`ll be able to make quite a few mods before I sell it. Don`t thing I will post upgrades in a frequent basis couse I have 2 other cars that needs some work (money is an issue here ...)

Picture of the M30:

The real reason for purchasing this car is that when a car is taken from the US to Norway it sometimes falls under a special law (this one does). Mods don`t "need" to be approved anywhere so I can practicly do whatever I want with it and it would still be road legal :D:D

But for now, I have 2 other cars that need som attention. First a picture of my "sundaycar", 1996 Toyota Chaser Tourer V (my precius :blowkiss: )

And then the car I`ll try to build for trackuse (called Datsun 1200 in Norway, dunno what it`s called in the US, 73-mod) :

Even if not all of my cars are "the right one" I`m going to post on this forum. Always nice to find a place with ppl with knowhow :)

EDIT : SUBJECT CHANGED
Last edited by Johnny on Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
squid636
F31Club Noob

Post by squid636 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:34 pm

Let me be the first to welcome you to the F31 club. :)
Proud owner:
Chevy Suburban http://www.chevysuburbanclub.com
Chevy Corsica http://www.corsicas.com
Infiniti M30 http://f31club.com
jcrapps
Site Admin

Post by jcrapps » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:34 pm

Wow, welcome to the forums. You're the first Scandinavian member, cool. I always wanted to visit that area. Anyway, I hope you find this forum useful. A lot of us here have never met one another, but have made friendships. I love the chaser. I don't know much about them. Are they 1JZ powered?
Johnny
F31Club Noob

Post by Johnny » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:40 pm

jcrapps wrote:Wow, welcome to the forums. You're the first Scandinavian member, cool. I always wanted to visit that area. Anyway, I hope you find this forum useful. A lot of us here have never met one another, but have made friendships. I love the chaser. I don't know much about them. Are they 1JZ powered?
Yup, it`s 1JZ powered ;). 263hp and 344nm at the weels (stock). Not road legal couse I haven`t registered it yet but recon I`ll do so next year. I bought the Chaser on impulse late at night from Japan (the M30 purchase was also impulse, even the other "old" car).

I just love "special" and rare cars and the M30 purchase will definitly NOT be my last ;). Only problem I have is that I can`t sell cars with I fall in love with ... At home now we have 14? cars standing, some drivable and some not.

One thing is for shure ... having cars for a sparetime activity is NOT cheap ;)
Johnny
F31Club Noob

Post by Johnny » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:42 pm

But pherhaps I posted in the wrong part of the forum? Feel free to move my subject as you ppl want :)

(and btw : Since i don`t actualle speak/write english/american I`ll have a few typos here and there)
f31roger
Wandering Leopard

Post by f31roger » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:17 pm

Man..

welcome!!!

Let us know whats up with your car. I dont know how rare parts are there, but we will try to help you out as much as possible.
mmokM30

Post by mmokM30 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:47 am

Welcome to the club!

I actually saw that exact M30 on some site I was browsing through Google a looong time ago... But I couldn't find a way to contact the owner haha.
j

Post by j » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:35 pm

welcome!! i envy you for being able to obtain such a beautiful car. (chaser)

nice m too by the way. dont feel bad about the typos. im 24 born and raised in hawaii and mmonk(12-14???) probably types/spells/writes better than me.
if u cant slide it dont buy it!!! youre wasting your money

Slide In Love David Kula
A true friend will never be forgotten
Fallen001
F31Club Grasshopper

Post by Fallen001 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:53 am

if you need parts, let me know

I have a parts car...
The M30; a moneypit driven by desire..
Johnny
F31Club Noob

Post by Johnny » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:04 am

Belive me ... I`m going to need lots of parts ;)

Just had my first "emergence repair"... Was going to travel to a carevent further north from her. Just felt like visiting my parents first couse the engine was not running right. Just one thing to say ... I didn`t get finished in time to go to the event. But the car is running again now.

To be continued ... in a new tread about me and my new life with the M30 ;)
Johnny
F31Club Noob

Post by Johnny » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:13 am

Yeah ... I`ll continue in this post since it has been moved (I didn`t notice)

As said over here I got into a few problems today. Driving home from work in rush-hour my car startet to act a bit funny. When standing still in "D" with RPM`s at 700-900 my engine sounded like it had some kinda cought (did I spell that right?).

Went home to my parents couse my dad is quite a mechanic.

After som listening to the engine we could se that there went a spark through the cap on plug 3? (the one in front on the passenger side). Werry well, we thougt we could just take it of, turn it and it would be fine. The first problem : There where so much dirt etc down there so the cap wold not fit. I ran inside, got a hold of the vacumcleaner (is it called that?) and removed the dirt. Woho ... it went straight back down.

It all started here :

Got inside the car and turned the ignition. The startengine made quite a few strange noises and then it just wouldn`t work anymore. SHIT was my first that popped into my brain. We had som contact with metal when putting it back and I recon the worst had happend.

Did some checking on other places just to see. There was enough electrisity so that was not the problem. Got a hammer and tried to "help" the startengine some without any work. If we where lucky it made a noise 1 of 50 times trying to start it.

Nothing to do. Get the jacks ... the startengine had to go off for inspection:

Tried to put power directly on it with no luck. It was f****. Well ... since all shops where closed and I had NO idea of what other parts could fit we had to open it and see what was wrong:

Here wa the problem. On brush (or whatever its called) was used up ...

But hey ... nothing can`t be fixed ;). The problem was that all the cords stoped it from getting further down and it did not make contact. Woila ... just modded it so that it would reach to its right place again.

4 hours of work and the car was running again. I guess this mod won`t last forever so I need to do something about it. If the startet would be hard to get a hold of then we are going to "rebuildt" it so its just like new :D.

Got the partnumber written down in my car. Looked like both Nissan and Mitsubushi use this part so I hope to find out where to by a new part.
DynastyF31
F31Club OG

Post by DynastyF31 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:45 pm

what year is the Datsun 1200? I have a 1971 1200 coupe here: http://forums.f31club.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=52
Johnny
F31Club Noob

Post by Johnny » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:49 am

73-mod.

Not so much more for me to update. Got my car welded a few weaks ago, also repaired some of the brakepiping? .... it was REAL rusty.

But it seems like something is wrong with the car, when flooring it the tail wobbles all over the place. Didn`t do that before ... Will lift it up next week to se if the welder have done something wrong (had to weld the whole rear of the car. Aprox 60h of labour had to go into it).

Now that the chassi is alright I`ll start with the engine (just going to let the winter be over first).

Then a conversion will be done. Can`t use it active in the state it`s in now :P
LUV2TURN
F31Club Noob

Post by LUV2TURN » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:05 pm

Hey there!

I believe I have an M30 starter (enginestart, as you so put it :) ) laying around that I do not need. I know shipping wouldn't be cheap, but I'll be more than happy to sell it to you for a couple of bucks....euros...crowns...whatever you use :)
VG30ET Powah!
f31roger
Wandering Leopard

Re: Me and my life with the M30 (Norway).

Post by f31roger » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:23 pm

After searching, I found a website that was from Norway.

http://www.200sx-ogn.org/showthread.php ... acb0a1c374

I couldn't register for some reasons. I asked Yans (who recently got in contact with me).

The poster put these photos.
norwaym30.JPG
Yans sent me the pictures that were attached!!
IMG_0064.JPG
HPIM1876.JPG