SlappinM30"s M.

Post pics of your Infiniti M30s or Nissan Leopards. ALL Z31 and R31 owners, please post your cars at the section below.
SlappinM30
F31Club Contributor

Re: SlappinM30"s M

Post by SlappinM30 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:52 pm

TOO MUCH CURRENT!

Today while under the hood of the M, I found this!
2 personally custom built 15"s ,RF t1500-1bd, Dual alts, duel Aux Batts. Now doing consistent 143+'s with a 2nd and a 3rd in No Wall Db Drag and a 1st in 129.9 Bass Race at the last show.
SlappinM30
F31Club Contributor

Post by SlappinM30 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:18 pm

So as of 5:30 today I have duel alternators! I had to customize a belt because they don't make one long enough in a 4 rib so I bought a 5 rib and cut it down. The Aux Alt. is charging at 14.67 at idle! It was loud before but NOW.... It will rattle your FiLlInGs LoOsE! I forgot the camera at home to day when I left so I will put up pics tomorrow.
2 personally custom built 15"s ,RF t1500-1bd, Dual alts, duel Aux Batts. Now doing consistent 143+'s with a 2nd and a 3rd in No Wall Db Drag and a 1st in 129.9 Bass Race at the last show.
brewster240
F31 Tech Mod

Post by brewster240 » Tue May 12, 2009 12:43 am

that fuse is crazy.

whats a good maxifuse/holder brand name?

any links to good prices? i want to use one as a main fuse on my track car.
SlappinM30
F31Club Contributor

Post by SlappinM30 » Tue May 12, 2009 8:38 am

brewster240 wrote:that fuse is crazy.

whats a good maxifuse/holder brand name?

any links to good prices? i want to use one as a main fuse on my track car.
I sorry I don't know where to find them on the net, but that one is a Rockford Fosgate brand. I get them from my wholesale distributer in San Jose Ca, I can get you one/some if you need.
SlappinM30
F31Club Contributor

Post by SlappinM30 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:04 am

So I just took some pics of the install, here you go.

Wire re ran (need bigger but it is $$$$)
New fuse and holder
That is the 5 rib belt that I cut down because they don't make a 4 rib long enough.
The Aux Alt installed and cranking out 190 amps at 14.67 volts!
Top mount.
Bottom mount (LOL w/LS1 water pump bolt).
Last edited by SlappinM30 on Tue May 12, 2009 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
SlappinM30
F31Club Contributor

Post by SlappinM30 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:14 am

Here are some old pics that I took a pic of (because I don't know how to get them on the computer otherwise), of a box that I did at my shop a few years ago. The box is strong enough that me (atleast 200 Lbs.) and three friends (all about the same) could stand on it and jump up and down with no problems! The box housed 4 JL audio W7's and was pushed by 4 Kicker ZR 1200 totaling 4800 WATTS. Needless to say it was loud, it moved the roof almost 3" up and down.

ImageImageImageImage
ez22
F31Club OG

Post by ez22 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:38 am

190 amps? Now you can run a winch and flood lights haha.
Desert 8 Cruise Club
SlappinM30
F31Club Contributor

Post by SlappinM30 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:57 am

LOL it is only about 70 amps of head room, but I may put the HHO gen on this Alt. in stead of the stock one. right now I am installing a volt gauge to watch the Aux. Alts. output.
SlappinM30
F31Club Contributor

Post by SlappinM30 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Here are some newer pics of the M.

The Aux. Alt.

Passenger side window

The temp. subs

Some of the box

LOL JK

A shop pic of the M, damn I love building boxes LOL!
Mr. 25/8
F31Club OG

Post by Mr. 25/8 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Thats a tiiiiiiny port! You are starvin marvin those subs bro. But damn dude, your the only one that has an M with dual alts! Custom make me a bracket, I'll by it!
SlappinM30
F31Club Contributor

Post by SlappinM30 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:48 pm

Yea I agree that the port is small put it is what Phoenix Gold wanted. The box has a wide verity of notes that it hits so I am happy with it. It could be a little louder if I made it bigger but like I say it sounds good. My L7's box is a SPL box and it is loud, but it only hit certain notes well. This box can play rock,oldies,ETC... I am looking into replacing the speakers as soon as possible. At that time I will build another box with a bigger port . These speakers have crappy tensel leads (the lead from the connector to the voice coil). I have fixed the passenger side speaker 9 times and the drivers side speaker 6 times, but that is what happens when you run 8 Ga. power wire for speaker wire. LOL

I believe that I am the only M in the US if not the world with a working duel Alt set up. What would you be willing to pay for the set of three brackets?
ez22
F31Club OG

Post by ez22 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:03 pm

SlappinM30 wrote:Yea I agree that the port is small put it is what Phoenix Gold wanted. The box has a wide verity of notes that it hits so I am happy with it. It could be a little louder if I made it bigger but like I say it sounds good. My L7's box is a SPL box and it is loud, but it only hit certain notes well. This box can play rock,oldies,ETC... I am looking into replacing the speakers as soon as possible. At that time I will build another box with a bigger port . These speakers have crappy tensel leads (the lead from the connector to the voice coil). I have fixed the passenger side speaker 9 times and the drivers side speaker 6 times, but that is what happens when you run 8 Ga. power wire for speaker wire. LOL

I believe that I am the only M in the US if not the world with a working duel Alt set up. What would you be willing to pay for the set of three brackets?
You and Mr 25/8 are probably the only guys that have M30's that will set the blocks off too. :lol:
Desert 8 Cruise Club
Mr. 25/8
F31Club OG

Post by Mr. 25/8 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:27 am

Yeah those tinsel leads look kinda chincy... what subs are you gonna get? Keepin the same amp? You look like your really into numbers... Based off that, you should give DC sounds, Fi, or AQ a shot. Not mainstream, but a LOT better. I really don't care for numbers, I am just a hardcore basshead lol. I just tune all my boxes between 30-33hz. They play everything from every genre just fine. My last box was tuned at 33hz and it hit a 145.5 (tried it again placing the mic the right way and I got a 145.4). Now if it were tuned higher like the mid 40's then I am sure I would be hitting 146+. But I dont want a box that will only play test tones, I want lows. Lows that shake your ass lol. The new btls I have are already in my car and they are @ 30hz. I can already tell they are a lot louder (and lower) than my last setup. Gonna take it to my buddy in San Marcos to get it metered just so I can see where I am at.

8 gauge is what I run to my subs lol! How do you even get that shit in the connectors? :lol:

I dont know how much on the alt brackets. I dont know how long it takes you to make them or if its even worth your time. Let me know 8)

And ez, I might be going to LA soon, if I do, we should have a meet up!! :tshirt: New pics for the whole forum!
ez22
F31Club OG

Post by ez22 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:56 pm

Mr. 25/8 wrote:And ez, I might be going to LA soon, if I do, we should have a meet up!! :tshirt: New pics for the whole forum!
I would be down for a meet. Let me know :)
Desert 8 Cruise Club
SlappinM30
F31Club Contributor

Post by SlappinM30 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Yeah those tinsel leads look kinda chincy... what subs are you gonna get? Keepin the same amp? You look like your really into numbers... Based off that, you should give DC sounds, Fi, or AQ a shot. Not mainstream, but a LOT better. I really don't care for numbers, I am just a hardcore basshead lol. I just tune all my boxes between 30-33hz. They play everything from every genre just fine. My last box was tuned at 33hz and it hit a 145.5 (tried it again placing the mic the right way and I got a 145.4). Now if it were tuned higher like the mid 40's then I am sure I would be hitting 146+. But I dont want a box that will only play test tones, I want lows. Lows that shake your ass lol. The new btls I have are already in my car and they are @ 30hz. I can already tell they are a lot louder (and lower) than my last setup. Gonna take it to my buddy in San Marcos to get it metered just so I can see where I am at.

8 gauge is what I run to my subs lol! How do you even get that shit in the connectors? :lol:

I dont know how much on the alt brackets. I dont know how long it takes you to make them or if its even worth your time. Let me know 8)

And ez, I might be going to LA soon, if I do, we should have a meet up!! :tshirt: New pics for the whole forum!

I think that I am going to go with some FI's But I'm not to sure yet still some more research to do first. The subs that I as using are subs that I got for free from a old install I did for a guy, so the price was right LOL. I am not that into numbers That is what I met by when I say the box isn't as loud as it could be with the port size it has, but it sounds good. That is why I am choosing the subs carefully. I don't want "burb" subs either. I as well love the "low lows" and "street bass". One of the main reasons that I have in the past run Kickers is the last for ever (for me anyway) and I sell a ton of them because of my car.

If you come to Cali hit me up and maybe I can meet you guys somewhere is the middle of me and Ez's place.