my project that will never be complete - Pinnacle F31

Post pics of your Infiniti M30s or Nissan Leopards. ALL Z31 and R31 owners, please post your cars at the section below.
j

my project that will never be complete - Pinnacle F31

Post by j » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:23 pm

hey guys so i finally found my charger for my camera so i guess its time to post up the build. ive had this car for 2yrs now but only started modding it around last october.

heres how it looked when i got it.
2uifyp4.jpg
2mo80g3.jpg
2m2hvnr.jpg
2ch7upc.jpg
111jujr.jpg
then around last october our motors came in so the car was down to about christmas. didnt get to go for the first test drive till the new year though. also came across a set of gravitys and 5lug for dirt cheap so i couldnt pass that up.
e5ms1u.jpg
21oq4h0.jpg
344xtdu.jpg
then i did what i do best
c1.jpg
c2.jpg
with how hard it is to find m30 parts here, i didnt even bother looking into shipping a replacment bumper from anywhere. so... i did the next best thing. i ordered the r31 kit just to see whats good. 1200 bucks and 2 weeks later i was all excited thinking it would be minimal on the modifing.

couldnt have been any more wrong. heres how it sits as of today.
2n6b69f.jpg
10dsaph.jpg
fwhg82.jpg
ct1.jpg
ct2.jpg
fend.jpg
sus.jpg
h1.jpg
h2.jpg

oh and if youre wondering about the intercooler piping, i ordered the piping for the greddy/jun style intake but decided not to put the manifold on until i have engine management squared away. still havent decided on rewiring a 26 d-jetro or just going with the autronic i have. i really wanna save the autronic for the ka 510 build but as time goes by its looking like a better idea everyday.

still need to get some money together to pay for fiberglass for the kit, sheet metal and welding wire for the tubs. and still got a ways lower to go. i test fitted it with the coils bottomed out on no collers but, i didnt want to cut away too much before i get some metal to weld back in.

hope you guys like it.
if u cant slide it dont buy it!!! youre wasting your money

Slide In Love David Kula
A true friend will never be forgotten
ez22
F31Club OG

Re: my project that will never be complete

Post by ez22 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:34 am

What wheels are those? And what wheels are those you have lying in the garage? :D
Desert 8 Cruise Club
Driftur
F31Club Contributor

Post by Driftur » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:44 pm

:fist: can't stop starriing! sikkest shit eveR!
Jay: In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us.
j

Post by j » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:06 pm

ez22 wrote:What wheels are those? And what wheels are those you have lying in the garage? :D
they are work/hart bersaglios in 18x10.5 (-7) with 15mm spacer effective (-22) and 18x12(+-0) with 30mm an effective (-30)

the rims on the ground are 19x9 (-5) and 19x10 (-6) super star leon hardiritt ordens

the rims on the roof of the car are 18x10.5 (-22) work equips but i only have a pair

i also have a pair of 18x10.5 (+16) garson deep racings in 4 and 5x114.3

all the rims are for sale on zilvia and forumshawaii.net if you are interested in buying any.

Slide In Love David Kula
j

Post by j » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Driftur wrote::fist: can't stop starriing! sikkest shit eveR!
fakk!! tell me about it dude. i get so sick looking at this car everyday i come home wishing i just had a little more money to finish it. i think i stare at it more than any work gets done to it. i just wanna smash this thing again already!!

Slide In Love David Kula
jcrapps
Site Admin

Post by jcrapps » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:00 pm

Dude, sorry to hear that you got ripped off by Raceon! But your car is going to be crazy nice man! I love how you always push the negative offset to the limit, it looks schweet. Now stop running her into walls, :lol:
iLLBiLL
F31Club Contributor

Post by iLLBiLL » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:16 pm

It's tough as you know very well but hang in there man. I have been working on my car for like 6-8 months just to do a 5spd swap, lol. That sucks about the kit hopefully something will pan out with that. It looks like the front is actually do-able with some fiberglassing. I can't tell but is the rear a complete wash?
boostAbear
F31Club Noob

Post by boostAbear » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:41 pm

holy fucking epic fitment!!!

im in <3!!!

So thats the raceon kit i posted up a while back? It looks like the sides are at least remotely close no?
-MDK- FRESH LIKE UUHHHHH
j

Post by j » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:34 pm

haha nah its not race-ons fault about the kit fitment. it clearly states its not for our car. i thought it would be a little closer from just comparing pix though. i was just giving everyone a heads up if they were looking into using this kit for their m. the sides line up perfect and just needs a very small part grinded down to clear the door. the front and rear bumpers are wider and have a more boxier shape than the m30 so, lining that up into the top body lines are gonna be the hardest part.

i bought a gallon of bondo and a gallon of resin yesterday so, i should be taking my car down to my friends shop tomorrow and get crackin on the fiberglassing. hopefully i can get the bumpers at least mounted up by the end of this weekend so i can sample this thing again.

thanks for the compliments guys!!!

Slide In Love David Kula
ez22
F31Club OG

Post by ez22 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:33 pm

This is a RB20 right? Can we get more engine bay pics?
Desert 8 Cruise Club
boostAbear
F31Club Noob

Post by boostAbear » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:47 am

Looks like an RB25 to me? Could be wrong.

I definetly knew it was not for the f31 and itd need work to fit, i cant wait to see it on there man!
-MDK- FRESH LIKE UUHHHHH
j

Post by j » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:01 pm

yups its just a s2 25. i was supposed to get a 26 but one of my friends backed out so i ended up just getting this and a ca18. ended up working out in my favor on more than one flip though.

i just took it to my friends shop yesterday so we can get started on the fiberglassing over there. next time i go down ill try and take some more pix.

any particular shots you are looking for??? i had a bunch on my digital but they all looked the crappy same from different angles so i just deleted them. nothing really special in there. just everything all rigged up to work and thats about it.
Last edited by j on Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slide In Love David Kula
ez22
F31Club OG

Post by ez22 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:54 pm

j wrote:yups its a s2 25. i just took it to my friends shop yesterday so we can get started on the fiberglassing over there. next time i go down ill try and take some more pix.

any particular shots you are looking for??? i had a bunch on my digital but they all looked the crappy same from different angles so i just deleted them.
OH series 2 25, cool! How about some pictures showing the turbo clearances or radiator clearance.
Desert 8 Cruise Club
j

Post by j » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:14 pm

ez22 wrote:
j wrote:yups its a s2 25. i just took it to my friends shop yesterday so we can get started on the fiberglassing over there. next time i go down ill try and take some more pix.

any particular shots you are looking for??? i had a bunch on my digital but they all looked the crappy same from different angles so i just deleted them.
OH series 2 25, cool! How about some pictures showing the turbo clearances or radiator clearance.
ahh i never really looked at how much clearance the steering shaft and the turbo has but, i know i was drifting it for a few months with no problems of it hitting the steering shaft.

im just running the stock m30 radiator and rb clutch fan for now but there is still clearance to run a fatter radiator.

ill take some pix of everything when i go down to the shop later.

Slide In Love David Kula
j

Post by j » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:39 am

heres the radiator and steering shaft clearance
b6ugiu.jpg
ztsra8.jpg
rclycj.jpg
dpjzg0.jpg
35dceg6.jpg
23hahky.jpg

and heres some action from a couple of days ago.

almost finished with the front bumper and should be starting on the rear in a couple of days.

Slide In Love David Kula