my project that will never be complete - Pinnacle F31

Post pics of your Infiniti M30s or Nissan Leopards. ALL Z31 and R31 owners, please post your cars at the section below.
ez22
F31Club OG

Re: my project that will never be complete

Post by ez22 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Man there is tons of room with that engine. This car is too much, keep up the good work :D
Desert 8 Cruise Club
Driftur
F31Club Contributor

Post by Driftur » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:05 am

:headbang: you're da man...nuff said :headbang:
Jay: In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us.
j

Post by j » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:06 pm

hells yeah theres lots of room. when i first got it in there i had to pull the intake manifold off like 10 times just to get to the fuel rail and change out injectors. there was alot of room to work and every bolt was simple to get to. once the manifold is off everything on that side has waaaaay more than enough room to work. rbs seem to be the perfect fit so i dont think ill be trying out any more motors in the m any time soon.

thanks for the nice comments guys. heres some video from last night. you can hear from the video that these asre some sticky tires and i was having a hard time keeping them spinning. that and they were boofers so they were rubbing the top of my fender well in the rears.

btw anyone know how to make the youtube screenshot instead of just word links popping up??? i tried using the youtube button and pasting the link in the middle but its not working for me on this site for some reason.

***edit thanks**** ez22!!!
Last edited by j on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if u cant slide it dont buy it!!! youre wasting your money

Slide In Love David Kula
A true friend will never be forgotten
ez22
F31Club OG

Post by ez22 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Is that a neighborhood you are drifting in? :lol:

Car looks good, but what are boofers? What diff is in the car?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQv8SWuAFU0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQv8SWuAFU0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

For the youtube stuff, just copy the embeded code from youtube's website then paste it in the forum after clicking on the youtube button.
Desert 8 Cruise Club
j

Post by j » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:08 pm

ez22 wrote:Is that a neighborhood you are drifting in? :lol:

Car looks good, but what are boofers? What diff is in the car?

For the youtube stuff, just copy the embeded code from youtube's website then paste it in the forum after clicking on the youtube button.
hahha nah thats just an industrial area where my friends shop is at. theres no houses anywhere near the area. we're working on my bumpers there so whenever we got some spare rubber to burn and no one else is working we get to go out and play.

hahha boofers=some big ass tires. i think they are like some 245-40s continentals on 10.5s. i was running 265-35s on my 12s when i fitted the fenders to them but, for some reason these tires were about 1.5-2 inches taller than the 265s. everytime it bottomed out and sat, i could feel the top of the tires rubbing and holding back. im used to running 225-35s or 40s on 10.5s so the sidewall doesnt flex as much. my fronts are 225-35 on a 10.5s and they feel cherry.

diff is just a welded for now but i have a nismo 2way in the garage that im thinking about putting in. its either that or trade my friend for my old tomei back and put that in.

dang you guys are good with this computer stuff. thanks for the help ez22. the forums that i usually use just has to put the web address in and it works. how do you guys even figure out that kinda stuff?

Slide In Love David Kula
HowlerMonkey
F31Club Contributor

Post by HowlerMonkey » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:52 pm

Sweet car.....don't leave the keys in it in waianae.
brewster240
F31 Tech Mod

Post by brewster240 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:31 pm

thank you for some much needed inspiration.
j

Post by j » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:42 pm

HowlerMonkey wrote:Sweet car.....don't leave the keys in it in waianae.
haha funny you say that. my friends shop is right on the outskirts of waianae and i always leave my keys in the ignition.
brewster240 wrote:thank you for some much needed inspiration.
thanks man i really appreciate the comment!! hopefully you can get that sr up and running soon. what else do you need to get done???

Slide In Love David Kula
brewster240
F31 Tech Mod

Post by brewster240 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:37 pm

i actually sold the sr.

been driving friends cars in drift events, and some friends are helping me get together a ka-t for the m30.

times are tight, but im lucky to have some good people around me.
Boosted 70z
F31Club Noob

Post by Boosted 70z » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:54 pm

So how does the car handles with the rb in there? Does if fell any better than the vg or sr?
j

Post by j » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 pm

brewster240 wrote:i actually sold the sr.

been driving friends cars in drift events, and some friends are helping me get together a ka-t for the m30.

dang sorry to hear that man =( i know what youre going through. i aint had a job since last october but luckily for me while i was working, all my extra money went to my car parts. it sucks that i have to sell off some of the nicer things but at least im not too far in the hole yet. its always nice to have some good helping hands around though!!! glad you still got the m at least!!!
Boosted 70z wrote:So how does the car handles with the rb in there? Does if fell any better than the vg or sr?
i cant really tell the differance. ive never just pounded the car to drive straight yet other then to get up speed to kick it out. i can feel the slight power differance from the motors with turbo in that sense but other than that, they all feel pretty much the same once you get them going. i was just driving daves(DRIFTUR) car yesterday and it felt a little better than mines but, i think thats cuz his springrates are a little stiffer than mines.

surprisingly enough, i really liked the stock dohc ka the best out of the bunch. if the driveshaft bushing didnt snap on me, id probably still be daily driving around that old red m today. easy fix but at the time i just lost my job and having 2 project m's was out of the question. it felt like it was the lightest motor and picked up speed pretty quick.

btw, i just found a new motor that i wanna try out so i just posted this setup for sale on the local forums. hopefully someone picks this up and i can try something different out.

Slide In Love David Kula
HowlerMonkey
F31Club Contributor

Post by HowlerMonkey » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:38 pm

brewster240 wrote:i actually sold the sr.

Sad to hear it but the up side is that you've already completed the engineering of the swap and that information didn't leave with the engine.

I understand the times being tight and owe my landloard 2,200 dollars but........I'm inventing and building things for his ford GT car so he's letting me slide.......for now.

Next monday starts crush time and a full on job search because I am almost out of things to do for his project.
kage87
F31Club Noob

Post by kage87 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Do you recall what the specs on the Gravity's were? It would help me decide a few things in the future. :mrgreen:
"Le Bon Temps Viendra"
http://kagestyle.blogspot.com
j

Post by j » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:40 pm

kage87 wrote:Do you recall what the specs on the Gravity's were? It would help me decide a few things in the future. :mrgreen:
hey welcome to the club!!! specs on the gravitys were 215-45 on a 17x9.5 +26. thats the widest and lowest offset they go in 17s. i think they make a +15 or 12 in the 18s though. i think i was running either a 10 or 15 mil bolt on in that pic.

these cars were made to handle some pretty nasty offsets so if you plan on buying non-dishy wheels, you should start stocking up on some spacers. the rears especially. it can look pretty sick all flushed out though. i didnt take any pix but with 50mil bolt ons out back these were rubbing the side walls off my tires. but that was with 50 series. i think if you go 40 series you should be pretty close to the fender still but not rub.

Slide In Love David Kula
j

Post by j » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:49 pm

damn havent been to the shop for a while but the boss got the front bumper almost done!!!!! just need to skim it a few more times to get it perfect. you can still see where we connected it in a few spots. the boss wont be satisfied until its perfect though!!!

also my friend was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying some copies of either, the full kit or just the front bumper fitted to the m30???

anywho heres some updated pix of the bumpers to keep you entertained!!! sorry for the shitty quality pix was take with phone
2u8fk82.jpg
301d0ci.jpg

Slide In Love David Kula