my project that will never be complete - Pinnacle F31

Post pics of your Infiniti M30s or Nissan Leopards. ALL Z31 and R31 owners, please post your cars at the section below.
ez22
F31Club OG

Re: my project that will never be complete

Post by ez22 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:05 pm

OH man, this car is going to look so clean. What are the plans for paint J? I would like to have a front bumper, but in the future, I have to build my block first :) .
Desert 8 Cruise Club
j

Post by j » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:01 pm

haha thanks man!!! no plans for paint on this one. this is just my test dummy until i can find a shell in better condition. im just going to rattle can black this one when the kit is done. the only body work that will be done is to the front fenders, kit, and whatever else i can unbolt and use on my next shell.

as for the kit.... only if there is enough interest for at least 2-3 kits then we will make them. if no one is interested by the time the kit is done, then we probably wont waste the time to make a mold. im hoping people want this kit as much as i do though cuz i really would like to be able to just slap on another one if i ever demo this original.
if u cant slide it dont buy it!!! youre wasting your money

Slide In Love David Kula
A true friend will never be forgotten
mmmjesse
F31Club Contributor

Post by mmmjesse » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:05 pm

hmm, id definately get rid of my s13 for another m30 if i could get that kit for it.
Driftur
F31Club Contributor

Post by Driftur » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:10 pm

hell yeah that kit is ficken sikkness :evilbat: `
Jay: In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us.
N14ParkwayRacer
F31Club Noob

Post by N14ParkwayRacer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:02 pm

What front crossmember & mounts are you using? I've been tryin' to get my RB25 into my M30 since January. I kinda gave up because the VG xmember is too different & I don't weld. Also what trans are you using? Your shifter is in the perfect spot. I made up adapters for my trans mount but the RB25 trans/shifter sits too far forward.
I Cheated On "Silvia" Last Night, But One Can Get Tired Of The Same Woman!
"1991 M30"
brewster240
F31 Tech Mod

Post by brewster240 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:57 pm

if i had to guess id say hes running r33 crossmember with s13 steering rack, and some sort of custom trans mount.
j

Post by j » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:01 pm

N14ParkwayRacer wrote:What front crossmember & mounts are you using? I've been tryin' to get my RB25 into my M30 since January. I kinda gave up because the VG xmember is too different & I don't weld. Also what trans are you using? Your shifter is in the perfect spot. I made up adapters for my trans mount but the RB25 trans/shifter sits too far forward.
i started out by using the stock xmember but it placed the motor a little too high. i notched the xmember so the motor would sit a lower and the hood would close but then it seemed it twisted the motor a little and repositioned the shifter closer to the driver. i could have just drilled another hole in the xmember so that it would staighten out but i didnt like the height of the motor and how hard it looked to pull the tranny out so i started to test fit the 13 parts.

bolted on my xmember and rack set-up from the old sr'ed shell and mounted up the old mckinney mount kit that i had sitting on the side. sat the motor in and everything lined up perfectly. oil pan sat a little lower than the sway bar which was my only concern but i soon forgot about that once the car was mobile. never had any oiling issues or any problems with the pan though and ive took this motor to hell and back for a quick minute.

1 pc s13 mckinney driveshaft bolted right up with no fab!!!

Slide In Love David Kula
are31
F31Club Noob

Post by are31 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:47 am

Any updates on this mate? I'm very interested in the finished & fitted kit.

Carl
MrHolister
F31Club Noob

Post by MrHolister » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:34 pm

I would love to see a finished product for a kit. There would be definate interest once the word got out,. :mrgreen:
f31roger
Wandering Leopard

Post by f31roger » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:52 am

J -

You are a mad man!!!

I still got the visors.. you want em? its cool with me.

damn.. that car is hot.
Cscat87
F31Club Noob

Post by Cscat87 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:48 pm

j wrote:
Sorry if I'm a bit of a noob, but the RB25>S13 driveshaft from McKinney bolts right up to the RB trans in an M30 with stock diff without any modifications to it? If so, good news for me. :toothy8:
j

Post by j » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:51 pm

Cscat87 wrote:
j wrote:
Sorry if I'm a bit of a noob, but the RB25>S13 driveshaft from McKinney bolts right up to the RB trans in an M30 with stock diff without any modifications to it? If so, good news for me. :toothy8:
yes sir. just buy a mckinney or any s13 mount kit and use everything but the tranny mount. as long as its a 1pc any s13/rb25 conversion shaft will work. if you are using a rb20 tranny then any 1pc 13 will bolt right up. im pretty sure a stock 13 2pc shaft will work as well.

Slide In Love David Kula
j

Post by j » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:52 pm

roger211 wrote:J -

You are a mad man!!!

I still got the visors.. you want em? its cool with me.

damn.. that car is hot.
haha hey sup rog!!?? its been a while man. finally got a set of leopard visors in good shape so im good on those r31s.

right on for the props on the car man!!!

Slide In Love David Kula
j

Post by j » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:01 pm

ahh sorry to the guys asking about the kit. it seemed there wasnt too much interest in them so it was put on the back burner and now my friend is moving shops. front bumper is done, sides already lined up and rear is temporarily mounted.

motor is out of the car and sold.

car is just cruising at my friends house on the other side of the island now.

just trying to figure out what i want to put in there now. got a f20, 1jz, ka24e, and ka24de that i can choose from but with all the bickering and nutswinging about the project car mag and how much people hold out on info, im kind of just over m30s in general already. i dont know i cant explain it.

Slide In Love David Kula
XslidewaysX
F31Club Grasshopper

Post by XslidewaysX » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:32 pm

i can relate dude.

i'm kind of down on working on my car at this point and time. but oh well..

i had a huuuuuuge post up there calling out all the details but it got deleted because i used alot of obscure and offensive words to make my point.

if it makes you feel better i used common sence to figure out that the r31 and f31 x-members would interchange and i could bolt my motor in without a mount kit. and i searched ebay every day for the last 2 years for r31 stuff and never found it. i even contacted importers and other non-sence to try and find one. no luck

but with the info avaliable on the s13 cross member and core rb mounts laying around, i figured it was an easy choice.

and i wansn't implying that their car needed aero and a bunch of shit i was more directing that the stupidity of the article made the car seem uncool

ego's destroy car scenes

enough about that.

your no joke when it comes to fiberglass work man.

and i would definitely like to see whats required to make the back bumper work.

do a 1jz and write an article. thats cool.

hard work and custom fabrication make reading articles show the coolness of a car...... not i got some impossible part to find on ebay and bolted it on and did 3 days of wiring that takes a couple hours, and some haggard ass excuse for petals

everyone one i meet here from hawaii is super legit. forrest and hunter are cool ass people, im sure you know them. and they always keep true and make awesome cars.

hey maybe dude saw you made r31 aero fit and said hey the r31 cross member must fit hahaha