New M30 owner from Florida

Post pics of your Infiniti M30s or Nissan Leopards. ALL Z31 and R31 owners, please post your cars at the section below.
jcrapps
Site Admin

Re: New M30 owner from Florida

Post by jcrapps » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Good luck with your swap buddy! It's nice to see people passionate about the M and not just another bandwagoner looking to drift something different for a couple months, then realizing they aren't driving an S13 and going back to it. :roll:
evilgrinner
F31Club Noob

Post by evilgrinner » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks jcrapps! I'm not going to lie though, I never put much thought into the M30 until I seen the one in Project Car. At that time if it wasn't a Z or an S, I wasn't paying much attention to it. I've done the S13 and drifting thing, even though I had my S13 more set up for autocross. Will I get the M sideways from time to time? Sure I will, but the occasional drift is always fun. The funny thing is that I can't even touch a S chassis for what I payed for my M due to the drift tax. It's also great the no one outside of hardcore Nissan owners pays any attention to the M. It's pretty much like having a Z31 with an unassuming body.
evilgrinner
F31Club Noob

Post by evilgrinner » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:09 pm

So due to my getting over excited and not paying any attention I seem to have wasted money on a transmission that won't work.
iLLBiLL
F31Club Contributor

Post by iLLBiLL » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:08 pm

That transmission will work. Is it ideal maybe not? I saw your post about the shifter... couldn't you just get a cheap short shifter kit? Just a though... Also squeaking brakes has a lot to do with the friction between the pad and caliper. Did you use brake/caliper grease on the back side of the pads?
evilgrinner
F31Club Noob

Post by evilgrinner » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Yea I put some grease on and after a few days and a good cleaning, the squeaking went away.

From my measurements it appears that this transmission is too short and will put the shifter in the general area under my radio. The hardbody trans has the shifter coming out the top like a normal trans would. After looking at the pics of Z32 trans swaps, it seems that I pretty much need the remote shifter like the Z32 has. Going to go do some measurements to make sure. If that remote shifter puts it back about 8 inches or so, then it will work.