My M30

Post pics of your Infiniti M30s or Nissan Leopards. ALL Z31 and R31 owners, please post your cars at the section below.
driftday
F31Club Noob

Post by driftday » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:50 am

Tach does not work. I am looking into solutions to the problem though.

Yes, the drivehaft does line up. But I had to modify the driveshaft to work.

I did not use the s13 pedals.

The rear end is doing well. The power increase is only 60hp, so I don't think that is a factor.

The chasis is a different story. I want to look as the convertable version and see where they modified the chassis. I think it would be nice to use some parts from the convertable to stiffen my car.

Naoki
www.driftday.com
deviant
F31Club Contributor

Post by deviant » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:23 pm

i hear a cage does wonders for our car.

in the manual i dont see any chassis difference between coupe and vert
maybe strip the interior and stitch weld everything?
i would think the section from the door front to about the rear towers is most flexy since its so friggin long compared to the rest of the car
blah
driftday
F31Club Noob

Post by driftday » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:07 pm

Good point. I thought about a cage, but I am not sure I want to commit to that yet.

Seam welding seems to be another good choice.

Naoki
www.driftday.com
scourge
Off Topic Moderator

Post by scourge » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:38 am

There are (or will have to be custom made) crossbars for the R31/F31 that bolt to supports partly under the engine/transmission and part of the body. Somehting to think about the next time you go under your car. See where you can make braces for yourself if you cannot source any.

"Speed is better experienced in person." - Unknown
raging panda
F31Club Noob

Post by raging panda » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:29 am

i have just a few questions,

how did you have to modify the driveshaft? shorten it?
what clutch master cylinder/pedal are you using? Z31?
driftday
F31Club Noob

Post by driftday » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:33 pm

Yes, I had to modify the driveshaft. Shortened. My friend did the modification, so I am not completely sure what he did.

The clutch pedal is a highly modified Z31 clutch pedal and I would recommend using something else unless you have a welder.

At this point, I have pretty much done everything I wanted to do to the car. I added an exhaust system that feeds through a Tanabe downpipe. I thought this might be a good time to list some of the parts that I am using that are for the S13.

All parts using S13

Control arm
Tension rod
inner and outer tie rods
Front rotors
Front calipers
strut tower bar
coilovers (front and rear)
shift turn knob
LSD (tomei)
steering wheel hub
Down pipe (shortened)

Naoki
www.driftday.com
Redsunz
F31Club Noob

Post by Redsunz » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:57 pm

man i jsut started my project

rb20 going in mine. having a friend at a driveshaft shop make me a custom one piece to adapt to the rb,

i got kei office coilovers, and managed to find some strut bars to fit! nice ones.
Redsunz
F31Club Noob

Post by Redsunz » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:58 pm

im talkin cusco bars. :bounce:
F31_Pilot
F31 Tech Mod

Post by F31_Pilot » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:34 pm

driftday, you have one clean, and insanely sick M30. I wouldn't hesitate to say that it is the best M30 on USA soil. Keep up the awesome work. You mention that you are running S13 RS-R coilovers on all four corners? I am curious about your rear coilover conversion. What shock/strut tower mount(s) are you using on them?...or did you custom redrilled any holes in the shock/strut tower mount? And if it's not too much to ask...when you have the time, could you please take some pics of both your front and rear suspension setup. Thanks in advance.
driftday
F31Club Noob

Post by driftday » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:50 pm

"What shock/strut tower mount(s) are you using on them?"

I am using the Same S13 strut tower mount that came with the coilovers. I did redrill the holes for the coilover and I also made a plate using 1/8 inch steel to reinforce the strut mount. Here is a drawing of the template.

When I have time, I will take photos of everything I have done to the car.

Naoki
F31_Pilot
F31 Tech Mod

Post by F31_Pilot » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:40 pm

driftday, thanks for replying back. The information you have shared/provided will really help out all of us other M30 owners. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. WERD! when you have time, post up all your mods/specs(suspension) of your M30. Because I would like to save information and pictures of your ride to help me out in the near future, when it's time to replace and or upgrade my shocks/struts. Thanks.
f31roger
Wandering Leopard

Post by f31roger » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:55 am

yeah, I definately gotta see the ride in person when I go to cali... if you are available.

sick ass ride.
driftday
F31Club Noob

Just an update

Post by driftday » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:33 am

Some new items on my car.

I found out that Megan C-pillar bars for DC5 fits our M30s (pictures will come later). I changed my shift knob to match my steering wheel and I added some gauges. The autometer tach will be replaced with something else when I get more funds....I just needed something with the right RPM.

Want to see what 4 1/2 degrees of camber looks like?

Front shot

Naoki
f31roger
Wandering Leopard

Post by f31roger » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:37 am

Awesome again.

I've had a c pillar bar for my Ek and Eg civics.. well, now gotta get the one for M30.
sLiDeWaYs
F31Club Contributor

Re: Just an update

Post by sLiDeWaYs » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:40 am

driftday wrote:Some new items on my car.

I found out that Megan C-pillar bars for DC5 fits our M30s (pictures will come later). I changed my shift knob to match my steering wheel and I added some gauges. The autometer tach will be replaced with something else when I get more funds....I just needed something with the right RPM.

Naoki
the megan c-pillar bar for the s13 also works if you swivvel the threaddings down compleetly on each side. just my 2 cents.